Meeting of Working Group 5: MS in Biopharma
Wednesday 13th July, Birkbeck College, London
The goal of this working group meeting is to discuss what is the role of structural proteomics methods in a Biopharma context (discovery/quality control), what are the current needs and/or bottlenecks? and whether there is a need for new methods / instrumentation to be developed. There will be a particular focus on discussion of potential solutions, as well as developing an EU-based framework for on-going collaborative work.
The meeting will take place in round-table format, with four key topics to be considered in depth. Each topic will be kick-started by a 15 minute presentation by an invited speaker, who will then, together with a designated chair, lead the ensuing discussion.
|10:30||Tea and Coffee|
|11:00||Session 1 – Challenges in biopharma solved by MS||Jonathan J Philips|
|13:15||Session 2 – How critical is a critical attribute?||Cianferani Sarah|
|14:30||Session 3 – The use of MS in biopharma – top down||Derek Wilson|
|16:00||Session 4 – The use of MS in biopharma bottom up||Perdita Barran|
|17:15||Wrap up discussion|
Milena Quaglia – LGC
Cianferani Sarah – University of Strasbourg
Rachel Garlish – UCB
Jonathan J Philips – University of Cambridge
Derek Wilson – York University
Marta Vilaseca – IRB Barcelona
Justin Benesch – University of Oxford
Jonathan Hopper – University of Oxford
Edwin de Pauw – University off Liege
Johann Far – University off Liege
Nicolas Smargiasso – University off Liege
Claire Eyers – University of Liverpool
Perdita Barran – University of Manchester
Frank Sobott – University of Antwerp
Kostas Thalassinos -UCL
Kamila Pacholarz – University of Manchester
Zoja Nagurnaja – UCL
Sneha Chatterjee – University of Antwerp
There are plenty of hotels around Birkbeck. Some of the hotels that are recommended by the department are:
The Academy (Gower Street) (mid-range price) – https://www.theacademyhotel.co.uk
The Imperial Hotels (low price) – http://www.imperialhotels.co.uk/tavistock
Montague on The Gardens (Montague Street) (expensive) – http://www.montaguehotel.com/
The Morgan Hotel (Bloomsbury Street) (mid-range price) – http://www.morganhotel.co.uk/
The meeting will be in Room B04 which is in Birkbeck Main building at Torrington Square (building 1, on the attached map). Go to the main reception of Birkbeck and signs will guide you to B04 which is in the basement.
- Birkbeck is surrounded by tube and mainline rail stations: we are close to Russell Square, Tottenham Court Road, King’s Cross and Euston – check our interactive map.
- Many bus routes pass down nearby Gower Street or go via Russell Square. To plan your journey to Birkbeck using public transport, see the Transport for London Journey Planner.
- Those of you who are flying in to London Heathrow may wish to note that you can take the Underground (Piccadilly Line, East Bound) to King’s Cross or Russell Square from where you can take a taxi to Birkbeck.
- For those flying in to Gatwick, we suggest you take the ‘Gatwick Express’ to Victoria Station, then take a taxi.
- Planning your initial journey on arrival will depend largely where you will stay in London. Useful web sites include: